Jean grew up in Naples, Italy, New Orleans and the Carolinas. She
completed her education with an MFA (Painting and Drawing) at James Madison University in Virginia.
Her art career has led her to Moscow, Russia as a set designer and she regularly returns to Italy and Ireland (often leading painting workshops).
When not working plein-air, she creates large scale paintings in her
studio, Dilworth Artisan Station in Charlotte, NC.
This year her work was featured in many venues:
- Allen Tate Center City Gallery, Charlotte, NC through May 2018
- Ballantyne Resort Art Gallery, Charlotte, NC (current)
- Unfettered and Alive, Paris, France
- Outdoor Painter Magazine
- Pennisula Fine Arts Museum, Norfolk, VA
- Hickory Museum of Art
- Telfair Museum in Savannah
- Carolina’s Got Art exhibition at Elder Gallery, Charlotte NC,
- The Passions of Italy, NYC
- Blowing Rock Art and History Museum
- Best-In-Show, Ciel Gallery Exhibit, "Build"
- First Place in the National Still Life Competition at the Bascom Museum in Highlands, NC,
- Best Quick Paint at the Piedmont Plein Air Paint Out
- Second Place, Savannah GA Paint Out.
- “In The Light of Day” is visible on a very large scale as a Charlotte ARTPOP! Billboard winner.
You can see chronicles of my misadventures on my blog.
Jean authors a series of Art History for Painters at In the Artist Studio, Ask the Expert.